Saturday, October 8, 2011

mwaramutse!

Mwaramutse! Or Good Morning in Kinyanrwandan! After a long couple days of travel I am here in Rwanda! They call Rwanda the land of 1,000 hills, and it's true. It's totally beautiful, green, and lush. Pastor Simon Pierre picked me up at the airport and we drove for miles through the West side of the country and then North to pick up his wife Caritas who was visiting her mom. The drive was full of stories, little naps here and there, and lots of taking in the sights and smells of the country. It was pretty surreal. 

Being at their home, I can see now what friends who have been here before told me about - this family shows hospitality in such a beautiful way. And not just to me, to the community. Mama Caritas is a mama to so many who she was adopted as part of their family. Last night, Caritas let me try my hand at cooking - I didn't do much but we laughed a ton and I got to see how much time, effort, and care is put into meals here. I have so much more to share but I need to get going and not take all the internet time. 

MANY more stories to come! Amahoro (peace)!

No comments:

Post a Comment